• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often are you in the dojo?

IIrene

My school has open class times so I can show up Monday, tuesday, thursday and friday whatever time I want basically. I go twice to three times a week. I can go twice a day if I want lol

Sensei: I need you to look angrier.

Me: But I'm so happy to be here!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 days a week, and one of those days I have a 3 hour class. But right now I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 days in it is hay season.

Hay season?, IE you are farmer yes?

Not exactly, I just have 2 horse. But I have to help members of my family.

I go at least 3 times a week from 4 - 8 p.m. I teach in 3 of the classes each night and take the last class. I would like to go everyday, but it is impossible to do that and hold a full time job.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

I go two times a week. My first Grading which was June 21 I went three times a week.. I plan on doing the third class when my Grading comes around.

The only difference between the possible and the impossible is one's will.

- Hironori Ohtsuka Sensei -

• 2 months later...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm in there 5 times a week Monday-Thusday and Saturday, from 5:30-8:00pm (Mon.-Thurs.) and from 9:00am-12:00pm (Sat.). But it's broken up into 3 classes (5:30-6:00pm: white and yellow belts, 6:00-7:00: from yellow to green, 7:00-8:00pm: blue and above. On Saturdays: 9:00am-10:00am: white and yellow belts, 10:00am-11:00am: from yellow to green, 11:00am-12:00pm: blue and above). I usually participate in the second and third classes training-wise, and I help assist with the white and yellow belts. Some nights, though, I also assist with the other classes if assistance is needed. Saturdays I'm in the class. Honestly, I can't get enough of karate...it's hard to look away heh. Of course, on important holidays I am not in the dojo.

OSU!

All thoughts have consequences.

I'm at the dojang four days a week, but . . .

I take adult classes two days a week, Thursdays and Fridays. I ran into a former student of my instructor, who saw me wearing the orange belt and said he missed karate. He was there with his girlfriend, introduced me, and reminded her about how they'd talked about taking lessons together.

I'm in classes my children take, assisting on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm permitted to assist other children, especially since there are other children besides mine who are special needs. Sometimes, my boys need special attention (they're seven), and the chief instructor takes them aside; then I'll work with the two teenagers, sharing duties with another "regular" student who might be there to assist.

Know what? Sometimes it's great for the boys to be working with Dad; sometimes it's better if they work with someone other than me, but the teenagers are fine if we work together. Each class is dependent on if the kids are having fun.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I train two days a week at the dojo, and two or three days at home.

In all honesty, I truly value my training time at home, as it provides me with an opportunity to dedicate time to improve on my weak areas that are not always covered in class.

In all honesty, I truly value my training time at home, as it provides me with an opportunity to dedicate time to improve on my weak areas that are not always covered in class.

I need that time at home too, Fu Man. I need that time when I can get it to work on where I'm weak, or to concentrate on what I'd like to experiment with for well-roundedness. I was cautioned by my instructor's teacher not to compare myself with the 12+ year-olds, as they attend classes four times a week, sometimes taking two classes in one day, have boundless energy . . . I live in an adult world with adult responsibilities, and so I have to be practical.

My instructor is big on us practicing when not in the dojang, knowing that we adults have to budget our time, so that if an opportunity comes up (there's no class right now, but I've got a free hour, and I'm weak on those newest moves in the latest hyung, or some sparring with BOB could make my punching precision even better . . .), she wants us to grab it.

It must be hard to be an instructor, someone who has to consider the varied needs of the students, while making lesson plans that can carry those who can attend no more than twice-a-week not be terribly behind those coming more often.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I need that time at home too, Fu Man. I need that time when I can get it to work on where I'm weak, or to concentrate on what I'd like to experiment with for well-roundedness. I was cautioned by my instructor's teacher not to compare myself with the 12+ year-olds, as they attend classes four times a week, sometimes taking two classes in one day, have boundless energy . . . I live in an adult world with adult responsibilities, and so I have to be practical.

My instructor is big on us practicing when not in the dojang, knowing that we adults have to budget our time, so that if an opportunity comes up (there's no class right now, but I've got a free hour, and I'm weak on those newest moves in the latest hyung, or some sparring with BOB could make my punching precision even better . . .), she wants us to grab it.

It must be hard to be an instructor, someone who has to consider the varied needs of the students, while making lesson plans that can carry those who can attend no more than twice-a-week not be terribly behind those coming more often.

I wholeheartedly agree.