• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help on kata searches

This kinda belongs in two places I'm thinking. I'm big into okinawa arts but real big into weapon knowlegde also.

I'm looking for kata's mainly okinawan based principles on weapons. I know sai and bo mainly from isshinryu as well as kama (which was just added), tonfa and nunchuka.

What I am looking for is any easy way to search for katas on the other weapons of okinawa. The one I am really fascinated in is the oar. (which btw, does anyone know how I can get one now?).

One of the things we do at my school though is kinda a choreagraphed kata drill with 2 people using either bo/bo or bo/sai. Pretty much I been sitting here trying to think of other techniques with the other weapons we also use as well to show my teacher next time I visit him back home.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have you looked for local kobudo classes?? I'm sure you already know but kobudo is a stye of martial arts that is all okinawan weapons. You learn kata and application to many of okinawan weapons that include the eku (oar), kama, sai, bo, jo, and many others. You can order an oar online. http://www.martialartssupermarket.com/index.cfm?action=showProd&subid=842 This is where I am getting mine.

Yeah, I looked for kobudo schools locally around here but no luck. Seems I'm the expert on okinawan weapons .

I didnt try that site, I was looking at some others in the past but they sold out of the eku (oar) when I was ready to buy one.