• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

by the way i would start the show off by throwing the people who make informercials into the ring and beating them silly...how much would you pay to watch that..but wait theres more..operators are now standing by.......LOL :grin:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
ESPN has martial arts competiton on every night at 11PM Eastern Time. I think that changes depending on where you are located. TV Japan also has lots of Martial Arts, but it isnt translated.

Do unto others, as they done to you.

• 5 months later...

Last night after being disappointed that hardly anyone showed up for chat here (Fri. 9:00) I turned on ESPN to watch last years 2001US Open ISKA Karate Championships held in Disney FLA.

WOW .... pretty awesome! Creative forms to music was unbelieveable ... Stephanie Flowers presentation to the William Tell overture (you know how fast that goes!) was flawless!

Anyone going this year???? http://www.usopen-karate.com/

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan BlackBelt TKD(ITF)

CardioKickboxing/Fitness Inst.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-03-30 15:14 ]

Kickchick - a little hard for me to turn up to those chats since for me theyre around 2 in the morning :smile:

I havnt seen much Martial Arts coverage on TV in britain.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

OMG!!! I missed ISKA last night! How was it, Kickchick? I love the power or creative breaking. Yes, I'm the type who goes to tournies to compete in breaking ...... unfortunately last time I MISSED the board with the 540 last time .... AAARRRRGGGG!!!

Anyway, I agree there should be some kind of MA channel. The very rare TLC specials and the once a week MA matches/ISKA thingies on ESPN is not enough. Eventhough I saw a really cool Shotokan full contact match that was pretty cool. I'm a MA addict (is there a such thing???), and I need MORE :eek: :lol:

Laurie F

Yep-it would be great.....I usually run across a creative forms or a breaking comp once in a blue moon but it is usually only lasts 30 mins! ESPN runs it at night like a filler between other programs! :kaioken: It would be nice to see at least an hour long broadcast on ESPN or ESPN2,they show some pretty outlandish crap that couldn't possibly have as large an audience draw as MA---lumberjacks competing to see which guy can cut through a log with a chainsaw the fastest?!!....Yeah-that involves a lot of training & skill :down:

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

Usually when I watch TV I look around the channels because I wanna see how sparring is like. I don't know how it is since I just started. Oh well...

Does anyone know what time MA stuff is on at ESPN for pacific time?

Thank you allz. :smile:

Cya.

Hiya

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

• 2 weeks later...