• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

after another night of channel surfing i got so frustrated of nothing being on or the same 80's movies being played (I know the complete dialouge to die hards 1,2,and 3 yipee kiy yeeaaa!) I flung my remote against the wall into pieces...I mean we got two 24 hour golfing channels and a channel for fly fishing..what the hell ? you mean to tell me these topics are more exciting then martial arts? I want my MTV (er..martial arts tv) why hasnt anyone come up with this? wouldnt it be great one channel just dealing with martial arts all day...training seminars..self defense..title matches..interviews with champions and stars..breaking demos..it seems to me the only exposure we get is the ocassional kickboking matches on espn (and these guys look terrible) or the history or learning channel special . there is definetly a large market why hasnt something like this come about? IF ther were such a channal I dont believe i would be watching anything else.. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some of the kickboxing matches on ESPN look great. The Muay Thai matches are usually pretty cool. I've seen Alex Gong beat up some guys on ESPN 2 several times. There should be a martial arts tv channel, and there probably will be within a few years, since martial arts is getting to be very big in the USA.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

very good point...........so lets's have some fun with this topic.

WHAT CAN WE NAME THIS NEW MARTIAL ARTS CHANNEL?

MATV........you can be a couch potato and still have some kicks.

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

well i think its big enough now not only in the US but worldwide..im so tired of the general public seeing martial arts as represented by the van dammes and seagals..with the cheesy one good guy versus the "syndicate" plot lines!

this is long time overdue..does anyone have this type of broadcast in thier area? I think a good name for such a channel would be World Martial Arts...(by the way i have yet to catch any real good fights on espn..all i have seen is two boxers throwing ocassional bad kicks and wearing blackbelts and calling themselves kickboxers) :nod: :nod:

Javier l Rosario

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the boards jakmak52!! :nod:

:wave:

ESPN 2 never heard of it only ESPN!! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Last Sunday I was watching on ESPN 2 the 9th Anual Shidokan championship.

I never saw a Shidokan before, and let me tell you it was great.

Very demanding sport to compete in

9 rounds divided this way

Rounds 1-3 of Bareknucle Karate

Rounds 4-6 of Thai kickboxing

Rounds 7-9 of Submission Fighting/Grappling

Never before i saw a so demanding fighting combat sport.

And of course a TV martial Arts channel IS a great idea. Wellcome Jakmak52

:smile:

yes i watch the shidokan competitions all the time.. i would equate them almost the same as UFC matches without the cage..good tough fights..espn has good martial arts coverage..but i still believe its time for a martial arts only channel... like mtv does music only as a matter a fact instead of mtv we can call it MATV (martial arts tv) :idea:

Javier l Rosario