Do the Martial Arts run in your family?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been fortunate enough to have been in the Martial Arts for 44 years, yet, I'm the only one in my family that's ever done it.

My families very proud of what I've achieved over these 4 decades!

:)

Wow! That is so awesome, Sensei 8. :)

Isn't your daughter carrying on the Martial Tradition for your family, sensei8?

Carrying on? No! She's done ABKA and ATA. She was learning my style from me for just over a year. Yet, you're absolutely correct in your summation. My daughter and I have both been involved in the Martial Arts.

She's placed the Martial Arts on the back burner for now due to all of her other interests at school; she turns 13 this month and she's a very busy person, at and away from school. My 14 year old son has no interest in the Martial Arts. If he's not doing Basketball and Baseball, in that order, then he's not interested. I'm extremely proud of him as well!

Carrying on? No! Has taken the Martial Arts? Yes! No more and no less!

Either way, I'm extremely proud of her, as I always will be!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

She's placed the Martial Arts on the back burner for now due to all of her other interests at school; she turns 13 this month and she's a very busy person, at and away from school. My 14 year old son has no interest in the Martial Arts. If he's not doing Basketball and Baseball, in that order, then he's not interested. I'm extremely proud of him as well!

I remember a student who had reached first dan in TKD, but decided not to continue as she had so much to do in high school. She's now in her twenties, has returned to TKD, and takes Judo as well.

I can think of a husband and wife who were TKD dan members, but whose daughter went into gymnastics. They just thought it was great.

Parents . . . We'd be proud of our kids if they won at tiddlywinks!

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Parents . . . We'd be proud of our kids if they won at tiddlywinks!

True indeed! My son recently won his elementary school's annual chess tournament(and my daughter, his twin sister, came in third!). I was prouder than I've ever been over anything that i had personally accomplished.

On the martial front, he recently started taking TKD and had taken BJJ for awhile...I pulled him out of that (BJJ), over his protests, because I was a bit concerned with the frequent rate at which the kids were getting injured...I'll let him take it again when he gets a bit older if he still wants to. I'm also teaching him the basics of Goju in our little garage/storage room/dojo.

He is a complete MA addict, like his old man. His sister, though, is happier painting pictures and looking at clouds (like her mother). I'm equally proud of them both.

"Mo ichi do!"--Morio Higaonna