• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No time to train- what do you do?

. . . I am often found practicing Chinto kata in the kitchen whilst waiting for the kettle to boil.

With me, Zanshin, it's the living room. I've done hyungs there repeatedly, so I know how far to go forward before I--rather smoothly--back up, or I might need to step to the side (practicing my footwork?) to continue. No coffee table is a plus; the couch is no fun to march into.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I guess the most logical response is at home if you have the space and the equipment you need. But for me, personally, I can't practice at home - too many distractions and interruptions. I'd have to leave and go to my gym to find space to practice.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Tiger, I have to agree with you there. for me it even goes a step further in that I need other people around to train effectively. I've had a key to the dojo for years, but it's rare that I ever go to work out at a time when no one else is there.

Tiger, I have to agree with you there. for me it even goes a step further in that I need other people around to train effectively. I've had a key to the dojo for years, but it's rare that I ever go to work out at a time when no one else is there.

Oh I am like that too. I like to work out with a partner; I hate training alone. At the gym, its a different story, give me earplugs and music and I'm good for a few hours on any of the machines.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Oh I am like that too. I like to work out with a partner; I hate training alone. At the gym, its a different story, give me earplugs and music and I'm good for a few hours on any of the machines.

Training alone can be hard to motivate and push yourself. That is why a lot of people like to have a workout partner, so that they push them that little extra bit, or even add a bit of competition.