• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tickets

Chris05

i got two traffic tickets one for failure to stop at a stop sign the other speed unreasonable and imprudent. i have court coming up do you guys think i should hire a dmv lawyer which is quite expensive or try to beat it myself. i really can not afford to lose because the insurance will be a killer on me. i am really nervious any advice would help greatly, thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, you can try to hire a lawyer, but if your guilty, your guilty. I am not sure what you have that can go against the officer, but a lawyer will help you. In the end, though, you may end up paying the tickets, and the lawyer.

A lawyer will probibly increase your chances of being able plead them out with supervision, but you'll probibly still have to eat a guilty verdict.

Just a tip, always go to court even if you're on your own. You never know when the officer won't show up. If that happens, the tickets will generally get dismissed. At least where I'm from.

Of course, I the cop dosen't show he's usually looking at a nasty-gram of some sort for the SA's office at least (not that I'd know first hand or anything :) ).

You had better show up at court, for sure. Like tallgeese said, there is always the chance that the officer won't show up; that would help you.

My advice, is to slow down.