• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an excellent question, James! In terms of ''level'', I think it's important to consider the different levels. Physically, I want to achieve a healthy lifestyle and maintain it properly. Mentally, I want to achieve the state of mushin, which isn't easy. Also, a state of mental awareness is what I also would like to have, in addition to a sound and healthy mind. So this ''level'' I want to achieve is mere happiness and the indomitable spirit. That's the level I want to reach - a level of happiness and enjoy life without giving up, through karate training. Now, in terms of ability, I want to be as good as myself. As I grow, my abilities and knowledge should grow with it. I want to reach my expectations that I set myself. I also want to express myself freely. This ''goodness'' is where I want to be. Those expectations might be simple, some might be hard and challenging. But if I set that goal, I wanna reach it. This includes reaching the ''level'' mentioned above, which is the ultimate ''level'' I want to be long-term. And to reach this long-term goal, I am training on a daily basis, and learning different bunkai, learning from other people, trying to gain a deeper understanding in the kata, history of karate, and myself.

Yes, my answer might be somewhat deep, but I just love the martial arts. And from what I see, I'm not the only one. Good luck to everyone in reaching their version of a certain ''level'' and ''good''! OSU!

All thoughts have consequences.