What level are you seeking?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to reach the level where I can read an opponent and effectively attack without needing to block in order to defend myself.

I want to be able to defend myself against a decent fighter.

I want the ability to avoid conflict, and keep my friends and family out of harms way.

I want to be able to know every form and technique without needing to think about it.

I want to reach the level where I'm at peace with myself and can live happily through displaying the tenets and commandments of Tae Kwon Do.

Where will I achieve that? 2nd Dan? 5th? I don't know but I'd like to get there regardless of rank. :)

• 3 weeks later...

my teacher founded his own art based on the training he has had. as of now i am the highest ranking student and would like to inherit the system(it is not a made up system, it has proven itself against many traditional arts and passed with flyimg colors) not everyone has the chance to carry on a art as the headmaster and thats what i strive for, realistic or not.

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

my teacher founded his own art based on the training he has had. as of now i am the highest ranking student and would like to inherit the system(it is not a made up system, it has proven itself against many traditional arts and passed with flyimg colors) not everyone has the chance to carry on a art as the headmaster and thats what i strive for, realistic or not.
I think that is a solid goal. Not everyone gets to carry the torch on after the GM passes it down.

What level do you want to reach within your martial arts development?

How good do you truly want to be?

Some common answers I anticipate are "I want to surpass all levels" or "I want to be the best I can be"... but there is so much more to answering the above questions.

What steps are you taking to reach a high level within your system?

What are you currently doing now in your training to reach your goals?

I seek the highest level of achievement that I can, in my life time...

I've already gone beyond initial b.b. level and when I started out, I didn't expect to stick it out that far. Now that I have gone beyond that, I really don't have a specific goal as far as rank goes. I've decided that I will just keep training until my body lets me or cries "uncle" from pain. LOL

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my first BB Saturday (10/4/08) = Shodan Ho...my goal is to at least reach 3rd dan. In my school 3rd dan allows you to be Sensei. I want to teach but there is so much more to learn...I have at least 6 years more to go to possibly attain 3rd degree. And if I am lucky my body, heart, and mind will allow me to even further. oh, I am 44 btw

Pete

Shodan-Ho

https://www.bushokai.com

ShitoRyu