• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your favorite 2D tournament fighting game?

Which is your favorite 2D fighter?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite 2D fighter?

• Street Fighter 2
    • Art of Fighting
    • World Heroes
    • Samurai Showdown
    • Fatal Fury
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Other

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and looks good! I just wish they would add some more characters..

From what I've seen its the original SF 2 characters plus like three more. I don't even think Cammy and the other add on characters for SF2 hyper fighting are going to be in it.. but i could be wrong.

Yeah, I haven't looked at it much. If this is accurate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_IV (haven't taken a look at the sources), it sounds like she could? Or, at least, it's not finalized.

I only had SF II, so I never had her. :)

Pretty cool.

The info on Ken Masters said that his original style was based on Karate, Judo, and Taekwondo. I thought that he and Ryu were rivals from Shotokan Karate?

I do know that in one of the advancements after Hyper, I think Super Street Fighter 2, they started to individualize Ken more from Ryu, giving him more flash with different kicks. Also in Hyper, his fireball wasn't as powerful as Ryu's, but traveled faster, I think. His whirlwind kick was not as powerful, but worked for multiple hits, and his dragon uppercut became a flaming one, and would hit for about 5 times, if you sunk it in deep enough.

Ken was my favorite.

Heck yeah "Street Fighter" got the most votes!

I'm a huge "Street Fighter" fan. I own most of the games.

You sound like my kind of guy! I've never played any of the street fighter three games, are they as good as I hear?

It depends on what you're looking for. The only way to judge is for one to play them for themselves. Personally, I'll play any fighting game with friends but I never do well against the computer or in the arcade mode.

Pretty cool.

The info on Ken Masters said that his original style was based on Karate, Judo, and Taekwondo. I thought that he and Ryu were rivals from Shotokan Karate?

I do know that in one of the advancements after Hyper, I think Super Street Fighter 2, they started to individualize Ken more from Ryu, giving him more flash with different kicks. Also in Hyper, his fireball wasn't as powerful as Ryu's, but traveled faster, I think. His whirlwind kick was not as powerful, but worked for multiple hits, and his dragon uppercut became a flaming one, and would hit for about 5 times, if you sunk it in deep enough.

Ken was my favorite.

It started out originally as the two of them being identical fighters and they used Shotokan in the Sega versions. After that, the story behind the characters and the programming technology started getting more advanced so they individualized the characters more so that Ken and Ryu are essentially the same style but they both fight what suits them as people the best. They also changed it so that now they know an ultra-powerful, ultra-secret fighting style called Ansatsuken or Assasin Fist. Their master, Gouken taught a watered-down version to Ken and Ryu to be unlethal because the original style was designed to kill in one hit every time. Then when they left the dojo, Ken went to America to compete in competitions and Ryu traveled the world to test his strength against other street fighters.

Mortal Kombat was intense at the time, but the game itself has really died off in all the third version.. I mean I've never bothered to play any game past Mortal Kombat n64. It was great when they started out, but their story lines and characters were all ways more generic than other fighting games. Though still quite good I love Sub-zero and the guys to this day. Just love Street fighter far more. It always seems that MK died when fighting games died in popularity becuase their fan base was everyone the people that just loved the popular games of the time. for ST however their fan based was composed more like a cult-classic fan base. That's why it's still going today the fans back in the day are still the guys and girls playing it today.

that's just my take on it I could surely be wrong though.

Also for the record I was always a Ryu guy myself.