• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your favorite 2D tournament fighting game?

Which is your favorite 2D fighter?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite 2D fighter?

• Street Fighter 2
    • Art of Fighting
    • World Heroes
    • Samurai Showdown
    • Fatal Fury
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Other

Although I think I may have an inkling as to the outcome here, I thought I would see what everyone's favorite 2D tournament fighting game is. Its not played much anymore, but before the 3Ds, they were great.

I know that there is more than Street Fighter 2 and so on, but I am mainly just going with the franchises, here. If you have one in particular that you liked of the ongoing series' listed, name it.

I know that I left out some others as well, like the Marvel comics ones that they did, so list them if you like.

Edit: I can't believe I left it out, but I adjusted the poll to include Mortal Combat. Can't believe I forgot that one....

Edited by bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Street fighter Two turbo....

i just loved the increased speed, it was the faster fighter out there at the time and the original game was ground breaking. I loved the hurting someone could dish out in trubo. I always felt street fighter could actually be won with well timed skill, instead of just button mashing like some, or special moves like mortal combat...

Though mortal combat is a very close second.

Karateka for the old Apple II cpu lol

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I remember when the Special Champion Edition came out for the Genesis (which was essentially Turbo for the Sega, and then Sega initiated its 6-button controller). I loved it.

There where so many ports and editions to Street Fighter 2 that it's hard to keep up, heck back then it was even hard to remember which version was what.

But some how it still managed to be one of the greatest games of all time IMO.

Heck yeah "Street Fighter" got the most votes!

I'm a huge "Street Fighter" fan. I own most of the games.

You sound like my kind of guy! I've never played any of the street fighter three games, are they as good as I hear?