• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is the best example of Karate roots in Kung Fu I have ever seen. The video shows several masters, generations apart starting with White Crane. They literally do their forms in front of a group of people watching and you can see the changes.

If you love kung fu or karate, watch this, you will remember this forever.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great video.

Are there any Panginoon schools in China anymore? Or are they just off shoots of Uechi-ryu calling themselves Panginoon?

By the accounting of most, no: there are some hints that its kung-fu roots are somehow related to Chow Gar, but nobody can seem to agree on exactly how.

• 4 weeks later...

PanGaiNoon is not actually the name of the original style Kanbun sensei learned in China. It is a phrase used to describe the style meaning "half hard/half soft". It was used in the name of his original dojo and is still used by some here in Okinawa and around the world to designate their association as there are so many active Uechi-Ryu associations today. The actual style name of the style brought from China is believed to be Nanpa Toro Ken or Nanpa Shorin Ken.