• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jailtime for selfdefense

"However the judge rulled because it was his place of business he should have showed restraint and he had to do 6 months in the county jail. "

Why, do I have the feeling that there was a "little more" to this story?, LOL

"If your breakin' a sweat, your doin' something wrong"

(If your really Bored)

http://ryute.blogspot.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

LOL understood

The more to the story was I guess instead of just hurting one he hurt all 3.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

sorry I hit post to quick.

Basically the judge said he should have called the cops and had them deal with it insted o takign matters into his own hands.

In other words the 3 drunks charged him with assult.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I don't advertise the fact that I know martial arts, but let's say I was attacked on the street and I defended myself and hurt my attacker, and it was discovered that I know martial arts.

Would I get sued or jailed if the attacker was seriously / mortally hurt ? :-? :-?

I too, have never received a straight answer on this from people I know that train.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Again in our crazy legal system who knows.

I would say you should not but at the same time you see everyday on the news a guy that breaks into a house and is hurt and presses charges on the home owner.

My advise is defend yourslef use what force is needed and if you go to jail you go to jail at least your alive.

I don't advertise the fact that I know martial arts, but let's say I was attacked on the street and I defended myself and hurt my attacker, and it was discovered that I know martial arts.

Would I get sued or jailed if the attacker was seriously / mortally hurt ? :-? :-?

I too, have never received a straight answer on this from people I know that train.

It depends on the situation. It depends on if he attacked you, what he attacked you with, and then what your actions were. If you knocked him down, and had a chance to get away, but instead decided to kick him around while he was down, then you could be looking at some charges. If you did just enough to get away, then you may not face any.

What is important is that you notify law enforcement as soon as you can about the incident. Preferably, before the other guy does. Then, you need to make a statement. In that statement, you need to articulate the facts of what happened. If you felt that you WERE IN FEAR OF YOUR LIFE OR SERIOUS BODILY HARM, then you need to tell them that, and write it down, too. Articulate everything you can about how you felt at the time.