• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kickboxing in the former Soviet Union

Hi kickboxers,

My name is Erin Crouch and I work for American Councils for International Education, a nonprofit organization that administers exchanges with the coutries of the former Soviet Union. I am writing to you because I have a student from

the Ukraine, Vladyslav Dotsenko, who will be coming to the US in August of 2002 to spend a year living with a host family and attending a US high school. Vlad is 16 and won the city championship in kickboxing for his age and weight class last year. He trains quite seriously (48 hours a month). His father is a coach for the "Eastern Fighting" kickboxing club where Vlad trains and I would love to place him with a family that has an interest in kickboxing.

Vlad will be coming on a full scholarship from the US government as part of

the Freedom Support Act. He was selected as a

finalist from some 56,000 students from the former Soviet Union that applied in 2001-02. He will receive $125 a month stipend while he's here, as well as money to cover school and sport fees; he will have health and accident insurance as well. His host family can take a $50/month tax deduction

for hosting him.

If you think you could give me any leads for placing

Vlad with a family

that enjoys kickboxing, I would be very grateful. He can go anywhere in the US as long as there is a public high school for him to attend. You can email me or call me at 202 833 7522. I'd also love to answer any other questions or let you review his application.

Thanks in advance,

Erin

Erin Crouch

Program Officer FSA FLEX Placement

American Councils: ACTR/ACCELS

1776 Massachusetts Ave. NW Suite 700

Washington DC, 20036

phone: (202) 833-7522

fax: (202) 872- 9178

crouch@actr.org

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt