• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Would you help if someone needed it?

I'm guessing that's sarcasm...if so, it's a good one.

If not, think twice about this. One, hitting someone at a true fight pace with that kind of accuracy is difficulat (not impossible) and even if done, it may not have the desired effect of stopping him cold. Two, escallating to a tactic usually associated with deadly force may get you in pretty deep with the law on this one and may be considered outside of proper use of force.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the main reasons the martial arts was created was for defense. This goes for both yourself and others. if someone was in a fight and the fight was completely unfair. i would try and help. that is our responsibility as martial artists. I have a prayer here that depicts what we should do with our arts : A Warriors Prayor: My lord, open my eyes so that i can see the needs of others. Open my ears so that i may hear their cries. Open my heart so that they will not be without help. Help me defend the weak despite the anger of the strong....

Hon-Shin-Do=The way of the True Heart

Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go untill they think they are going to collapse. but the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further beyond all limits. Only when all these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached.

Again, just be aware of the potential consequences of becoing in volved in an altercation in which you aren't aware of all the facts and have no stakes.

Its a hindsight 20/20.

In that, I have stepped into 3 confrontations in the army. Been confronted twice on my actions. Stopped a few from actually being serious confrontations in the real world.

The whole time I was always afraid for my own safety on top of whoever I was trying to either help or stop.

Since everyone now a days has a cell phone, its easier to call 911 and have someone more attuned to situations on this to help or stop now.