• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fright Reaction

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I agree. I am really enjoying his book, so much so that I ordered two more of his works. He is very practical in his approaches to the concepts of kata, and I am going to be looking into incorporating some of it into my own forms training.

Which 2 did you order? "Throws for strikers" makes reference to many taekwondo forms and where you can find the throwing techniques within them. But im sure you would have noticed that you can find many of the movements that are shown from karate forms within your own forms already.

I agree. I am really enjoying his book, so much so that I ordered two more of his works. He is very practical in his approaches to the concepts of kata, and I am going to be looking into incorporating some of it into my own forms training.

Which 2 did you order? "Throws for strikers" makes reference to many taekwondo forms and where you can find the throwing techniques within them. But im sure you would have noticed that you can find many of the movements that are shown from karate forms within your own forms already.

I ordered Throws for Strikers, and Karate's Grappling Methods. I also have Stuart Paul Anslow's book Ch'ang Hon Taekwon-do Hae Sul, which is essentially Bunkai-Jutsu for the first 7 ITF TKD forms. I plan on researching all of the material thouroghly, so that I can perhaps put some kind of forms/self-defense applications together. I also noticed another Abernethy title, called Arm Locks for all Styles. I plan on adding this one to my library soon, too.