• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello from Cornwall UK

redruss

Just signed up and thought i would say hi to everyone.

I've been traing for around 20 years now, teaching for around 15 of those and competing in both kata and semi contact point-stop about 13.

I started out locally and after many falls started getting some wins under my belt (pardon the pun). It wasn't until a good friend of mine then told me "better to be a little fish in a big pond than a big fish in a little pond!". As a result of such advice i started fighting nationally and now hold various british, european and world titles. Don't get me wrong i'm not a trophy hunter, i just enjoy the sport. I'm not so egotistical either in that i understand the titles i have won just meant i was either lucky or the best man on the day of those who turned up.

I have fallen many times before my wins and only as a result of those falls can i attribute any of my success.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome! :karate:

And congratulations on all your successes. The experience of traveling nationally to fight must have been incredible. Again, welcome, im sure you'll have a lot to contribute. :)

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

i think from your first win your confidence grows and therefore the desire to compete even more perpetuates.

I have always enjoyed the sport and wins are always for me rather than for some brag down the pub. I try to keep my karate life pretty private between myself and other fellow martial artists.

I have found that by living way down in the south of the UK (we're pretty isolated down here) i have been forced to travel considerably to fight in the national comps. However, the experiences over the years are certainly worth it. Some of my most enjoyable fights and lessons learned are from the fights i have lost and it's an excuse to see the country.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome!

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu