• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Forgive me, but I like to refer to usage of techiniques in the context of MMA - I really only have that to compare to....call me a traditional guy that loves and trains in a lot of MMA.

Anyway, Lyoto Machida uses sweeps in the context of MMA very well. He uses the inside and outside forward leg trips very well and understands the timing - which really is all that you need to practice to use them effectively.

Silat, which is included in JKD, emphasizes many inside trips and unbalancing techniques that can be used effectively against someone that is moving. Or in the clinch.

There are quite few effective techniques that could be used in if they were practiced or drilled with a live partner coming at you with a variety of attacks or in free-sparring. I always say that if you can land a leg kick, a sweep is always an option.

and the reason he understands them so well is his father is a karate master and he has trained in the traditional concepts for many years, mma is just one mans collection of many styles techniques. so my system of mma would not be the same as yours.

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic