• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Elbows to the Back of the Head

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I like Herb Dean's interpitation of the rule. It puts fighters and Refs on the same mind set and they can both easily indeify the area which is illegal. With this easily idenifiable area leavea no excuse for not knowing the correct interpitation of the rules. Also this helps with the fighters that don't speak english so well. But then again what do I know.

We used to have that classic striking points chart in our dojo that shows the front and back of the body. I think they should just copy a chart like that put legal areas in blue illegal in red. Just to help with illegal and legal areas, again helping out those with lesser english capabilites. Now as for strikes allowed you'd still have to look to a rule book again but that chart just popped into my mind for things like this. I think it would just be easier to get fighters to look at too.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

Yeah, I would say that any strike behind the ears would constitute the back of the head. But, I guess we will have to wait to see what gets decided.

I know that Big John has put in a lot of time on the mat, and has been working on improving the scoring system as well. He should definitely be a consultant for the issue.