• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just had my first class

I've been doing Tae Kwon Do for 6 years now, i still get tired after each class, I train a minimum of 17 hours a week..

Taekwondo has a bigger warm up than some martial arts because TKD martial artist only use hands and feet, which means more conditioning needs to take place in order to gain strength in your hands and feet.

Using No Way, As Way....Having No Limitations As Limitation

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

stick with it and you'll get better and better! train as much as you can and all the students may be more terrible than you! lol

make sure you practice your drills a lot and your forms a lot! they may get boring but stick with it and you'll be getting better in no time!

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

• 4 weeks later...

I recently returned to training after almost 2 1/2 years out due to injury troubles, surgery, etc.

Because my old class closed I've had to start training at a new TKD class.

I've started again as white belt...which has been very helpful, as I felt like I had 16 arms and legs and no co-ordination for any of them, so I was pleased that in one sense I didn't have to be 'like a red belt' (my old grade at my former club) and I could just stumble through.

It was fantastic to be back and my first training session after such a long time out made me really realise how much I had missed training.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Its good to see that you are able to train again! Feels good, eh? :)

Certainly did! I've been looking forward to Friday night (my next class) since the last class finished on Tuesday. :D

I'm hoping I can start back my Karate training at some point as well as Tae Kwon Do, but I'm just taking it a step at a time at the moment.

Martial Arts is a life-long journey and after a couple of years break from training, a few more weeks/months without Karate won't hurt. :karate:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!