• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just had my first class

I had my first class at the new dojang tonight...wow I was shocked at the quality it was there. The amount of exercise done there greatly out did what was done at my old school. It's been too long since I've done it, but I felt terrible compared to other students to be honest. I definitely have a lot to do.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good. Don't feel terrible but keep that feeling in the back of your mind everytime you get that devil on your shoulder telling you to be lazy or take a day off! I'm glad it went well. Too often good people get stuck at crappy schools and don't know how to make their way out. It sounds like you're in the right place now im glad everything worked out for you.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

That sounds good. Keep at it, and you will get up there. I still feel tired after every class that I go to, and have been going for 14 years now.

What kind of TKD school is it?

To Bushido: It's a WTF Taekwondo style school...I've heard negative things about it in the past, but I can't kick as well as half of the people in there...and everyone in the class was like 10x more flexible than me lol.

To Sam: It felt great after going through the workout they gave me. The old school never did nearly as many stretches and didn't really work us as much from what I remember. With the other instructor who stayed he was kind of a trick martial arts guy and slacked off in a lot of lessons.

Hey cjgotti thats great, you'll get fitter in no time ;).

One thing I would say though is be wary that they didn't just up it because you were a new student. It probably didn't happen but I know my instructor (I actually think he does it subconciously) will work us twice as hard when there's someone new in class or there are people watching. Thats not to say we don't get worked hard anyway, its just we will go on turbo sometimes.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thats wonderful! Keep at it and I'll bet you'll catch right up! :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Hey cjgotti thats great, you'll get fitter in no time ;).

One thing I would say though is be wary that they didn't just up it because you were a new student. It probably didn't happen but I know my instructor (I actually think he does it subconciously) will work us twice as hard when there's someone new in class or there are people watching. Thats not to say we don't get worked hard anyway, its just we will go on turbo sometimes.

He actually told me that it was an easy class compared to others, and that he made it easier just because there were new people in the class. I'll wait and see what happens.

I had my first class at the new dojang tonight...wow I was shocked at the quality it was there. The amount of exercise done there greatly out did what was done at my old school. It's been too long since I've done it, but I felt terrible compared to other students to be honest. I definitely have a lot to do.

I've been there. Ever since I switched schools a while ago, I've gone from the top of the class to the bottom of the class. It's a weird feeling isn't it?

I've been there. Ever since I switched schools a while ago, I've gone from the top of the class to the bottom of the class. It's a weird feeling isn't it?

Very weir but it's motivated me I'll tell you that.