• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black Belt Testing Overated ?

pama4242

I think that the cost definitly is an issue nowadys. But more the better in my opinion. A black belt should be seen as somone who has reached a relevent standard, somone who should display a high level of stamina, strength self defence and sparring ability.

https://www.markstraining.com Fighting and Training Methods for Unarmed Martial Artists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am shortly to take my 1st Dan test. For me it is completely worthwhile. I cannot begin to describe how much I have learnt in the last 5 years, both mentally and physically, as well as about myself and how I should conduct myself before my sensei and other students. To me, black belt will mark the end of one journey and the beginning of another. It will mean I have learnt enough to be able to understand how to really learn, so that the real training can commence.

I agree with all those who say this is about lifetime learning, discovery and improvement.

So far as cost is concerned, I find my dojo fees quite reasonable. And I think they are worth it.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

In our system, we believe that a black belt test isn't any different than any other belt test. In all tests, the student needs to be better than their last test (basically) and meet the requirements of that test.

My own 4 black black belt tests each were a surprise to me and I didn't know I was being tested at the time until they were over. My Shodan and Sandan tests were given to me by the head of the system.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.