• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new favourite moment :D

The whole time I've been training in TKD I've only had one dojang and one instructor. Last Thursday was my last session after 8 years as I have now moved away to uni..

At the end of the session, my instructor and his wife gave me a book, Taekwon-Do by Gen. Choi Hong Hi, and they and our main assistant instructor had signed it and people had written messages inside the front cover.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Some few years ago, while on a trip back home, the guys from my old class put a get-together together. As we were walking out of the restaurant, one of my ex students stopped me and said he had to shake my hand and thank me. He said that my constant pushing of basics carried him on when he did quite a bit of visiting other clubs in the area. And as a result of his strong foundation in the basics, he was able to hold his own wherever he went.

Another was that I would always try to describe the idea of, the opponent's elbow comes up a bit, your kick goes in, and then you realize that it happened. It was so cool to be standing there and watching when it happened. You see this light bulb come on and there it was!

The whole time I've been training in TKD I've only had one dojang and one instructor. Last Thursday was my last session after 8 years as I have now moved away to uni..

At the end of the session, my instructor and his wife gave me a book, Taekwon-Do by Gen. Choi Hong Hi, and they and our main assistant instructor had signed it and people had written messages inside the front cover.

That's a pretty cool gesture.

That's a pretty cool gesture.

Yeah it was. They also really embaressed me by giving a speech to the class about me and have threatened to put loads of old photos from when I just started training on their website.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius