• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is your opinion on the Shocknife products?

I am a combat instructor (non-martial art), and use reality based, full speed, 1/2 to full contact in most sparring and instruction. I am looking for opinions on the Shocknife as it relates to reality based training, and it's effects on the skilled student (skilled students pain thrushold is much higher).

Thank you,

Specializing in Close Quarter Combat Instruction.

WWW.LMIInc.com

Train Hard, Be safe

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have heard that it is great for feedback, but I don't know much more about it than that. From what I understand, it has various levels of shock, depending on the what your students can take.

Never used it but I suppose its good for students to know that the training knife will hurt. With a rubber knife its not too scary and you don't have to be that cautious about where the blade is.

It does deliver up to 7500 volts though, I'm not sure but isn't that going to hurt a bit?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 2 weeks later...

Alas while I have not used it, I've heard nothing but good things. It sounds like a product that would fit your training nicely.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• 4 months later...

I ve used it beofre on some seminars and during practice. Its way better than training with ordinary plastic or rubber knives. Believe me you are VERY AWARE of its location and try extra hard to do the technique spot on and not get "stung". Its not very painfull but its quite annoying and unpleasant.

I suggest anyone training in real life combat and self defense to try it. Its not that cheap doh... Atleast here it isnt.

Sincerely, Cobo

Kempo Arnis Slovenia - Training under sensei Borut Kincl begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( 6. DAN RKK, 1.DAN Modern arnis ... )

Blab of Buyseech - My blog for Martial Arts and Marketing