• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Summer heat

Yes, there is air. Yes, it's used quite a bit.

We do shut it down when we have a fighter cutting weight for obvious reasons.

My facility at home is has air, but being in the basement it heats up pretty fast so it dosen't feel like it for long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people with air- I'm so jealous! :P Just wait until I sweat up a perfect 6 pack- then you'll be sorry :oops:

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

All these people with air- I'm so jealous! :P Just wait until I sweat up a perfect 6 pack- then you'll be sorry :oops:
Hehe...

You can keep your six pack...I like my party ball....

It's been in the 90's here in my part of utah, and the ac at the school I teach at on tuesdays has been broken since at least last tuesday. Supposed to be fixed by next one (don't remember what day, just remember that it was before next tuesday :P ) We have cealing fans and I propped the door open with my bag during the second class, but it was still real sweaty. Not that I haven't trained in that before (used to teach a class for 3-4 year olds on saturday mornings in vegas when it was in the 100's outside, and no one would ever remember to keep the air on friday night, kinda harsh on some lil kids imho, had to make em wear socks a few times cuz the mats were too hot.) School I train at on wednesdays has the ac just fine and the cealing fans too. We also get to wear t-shirts in the summer, so long as it has a school symbol on it.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

Hehe...

You can keep your six pack...I like my party ball....[/quote

:lol: funny :lol:

No air, no windows, window fan in the door way. And we still ware our gi's (hard core dude's). I had to wash my gi every night so I bought a back up because sometime my gi would not be dry for the class the next day.

The school I attend has no air conditioning so when its really hot and humid outside, unfortunately I can not train. For medical reasons, etc., I simply can not risk getting heat stroke. Spring & Fall is the best times to train, in my opinion.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

The school I attend has no air conditioning so when its really hot and humid outside, unfortunately I can not train. For medical reasons, etc., I simply can not risk getting heat stroke. Spring & Fall is the best times to train, in my opinion.

In all honesty, with the popularity of Martial Arts and the vast range of different ages involved, keeping the place cool for their best interest is almost a must anymore. It is the very young and the very old who will dehydrate the fastest. I never thought to look at that way. Personally, I am one who would rather not have the AC on. I like sweating and being pushed, but not at the risk of the older individuals at our dojo.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

Hehe...

You can keep your six pack...I like my party ball....

:lol: funny :lol:

No air, no windows, window fan in the door way. And we still ware our gi's (hard core dude's). I had to wash my gi every night so I bought a back up because sometime my gi would not be dry for the class the next day.

You too? We have three vent windows, and a fan. Sometimes up to 115F in the dojo (when it's about 100F outside). We train in our gi's too. And ring them out after class...

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

ugh, I haven't been able to train hardly at all last month and I am starting up training again this monday. It has been around 100 degrees (F) and humid. Needless to say I am not happy with my double weave gi.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt