• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Teaching Kids

Johnlogic121

Not everyone wants to but i think everyone has the ability. Ability and natural ability are not one in the same, much like left and right.

Ah, well said.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

id say not to teach them till about 14-16 years of age. thats when kids get more mature and serious.

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” ~ Bruce Lee

That is true, but kids can still gain from the exposure. There are literally thousands of kids around the country into Kid's Wrestling, and it benefits them greatly, giving them an outlet for their energy, and providing good exercise. I think that other Martial Arts, like Karate and TKD, can do the same, if approached correctly.

I'd always check and interview anyone of any age to make sure they're qualified to learn martial arts to begin with. Once that's done, I think it's all about discipline and repetition.

• 2 weeks later...
I think women get a bad rep. And im not biased because i'd love to say oh women don't have a kill instinct but, im one of the few that do...trust me i'd love to take that title. But on top of thinking women get a bad rep, some women don't help to shake it...the "oh my God, i just broke a nail" type don't really help us out much. Whatever it comes down to, i don't really care, i am a woman, i can protect myself, and even more than that i have a "Budo" instinct and that's all i care about. I'll survive, so the rest is just whatever it is...

Amen, sister!

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

As for kids being in karate I think it is great. I wish you see more in karate and other activitys, then there would not be so many couch potatoes (that is my nice way of putting it).