• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most Damaging Single Technique

Really, what's the likelihood of a 100lb woman taking a 300lb man to the ground in the first place to apply that rear-naked choke? And then, what's the likelihood that she could even keep a grip as his massively muscled arms could break hers to pieces?

Come on! I'm a 120lb woman, so I know that choking is out of the question for someone of that mass. Any man who's not on steroids would be possible to choke out, but groundwork would still be unlikely. Against someone like that, there would be no 1 hit kill. I'd just go for the jewels.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, what's the likelihood of a 100lb woman taking a 300lb man to the ground in the first place . . .

Come on! I'm a 120lb woman . . .,

[T]here would be no 1 hit kill. I'd just go for the jewels.

Chikara's making a good point here that the individual strike we discuss has to take in our own limitations as well as the adversary's capabilities. When in a self-defense situation in which the opponent is far larger, we would find it best to quickly search for the weakest spot within range as our target. Once striking, someone such as she describes flees.

In considering going for the most disabling target, thinking in terms of that first power strike and keeping the action going, which I believe is what the original question asked, I'm a "go for the throat" man, myself. He needs air, and a reaction of the throat to an impact is to tighten up on its own, meaning his own body has turned against him by a reflex action. The throat doesn't need to be struck repeatedly, especially if you know how to apply a control technique, such as a joint lock, as a follow-up to your "favorite" really-let-him-have-it strike.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Thanks Joesteph! :)

Personally, I think the throat strike would be a lot harder if the adversary is very tall and the defender is very short. But, I love throats myself to use as takedowns. :D

Chikara

Definitely! I think anywhere on the face is the Juiciest target.

Chikara

Amazing! Though we're all different styles, we still go for the same targets and suggest the same strikes.

Chikara

Amazing! Though we're all different styles, we still go for the same targets and suggest the same strikes.

Thats because we all have the same body. Many things in the world of Martial Arts are universal.

An easy thing to forget sometimes, what with the differences in gender and size.

Chikara

What bushido man says if very true. The responses are genserally dictated by physiology. I've always noticed it in joint manipultion arts. There are striking similarities between tutie based Japaneese arts, aiki arts, and chineese chin-na forms. Let's face it, there are only so many ways to break a wrist.