• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I am some what confused....are we just talking about a technique that does a lot of damage......or are we talking about a single technique that can kill your attacker? There is a VERY real difference.

If we are talking about a single technique to do as much damage as possible, I don't think there would be one single one that does the most damage, as there are many single techniques that can cause very tremendous damage. Perhaps we should rephrase it to ask "What is your favorite single technique that can cause a lot of damage."

One of my favorites is an arm break.....the punch comes in, side step to the outside, one hand hits the inside of the wrist while the other hits and snaps the arm (at the elbow) in two. Very damaging!!! Another one of my favorites is an elbow strike to the back of the neck, right on the vertabrae.....crippling.

But if we are talking about a single technique to cause as much damage as to kill your attacker, I would go with a straight lead knuckle punch, or hammer fist, straight on the chest plate.....able to stop the heart and kill almost instantly (of course, these should only be used in the event your very life is in danger).

Another good one, which someone eluded to earlier, would be a strike to the side of the neck or just above the ears (or even an ear slap on both ears). This will not break the neck, but you are hitting nerve bundles and the over stimulation of those nerves so close to the brain makes the brain shut off......if there is a lot of pressure and over stimulation, the brain may not turn itself back on. If I'm not mistaken, both those last two techniques are from ninjitsu.

Greetings!!!

Using no Way, AS Way...

Using no Limitation, AS Limitation

I dont think any technique compares to the rear naked choke.

When applied, it will render your opponent unconcious in a matter of seconds (and dead in a couple of minutes).

Strikes rely on the power of the striker and the resiliance of the person being attacked. A 100lb woman could never hope to drop a 300lb athletic man with strikes, but if I take that same woman and put her on his back and have her sink in a choke.... its goodnight

This technique can be taken advantage of quickly- unless properly trained, people routinely give up their backs and their necks while in a fight, making opportunities for this technique numerous

I would think it would depend on the skill of the individual, your throat punch might be better than mine.

That said, when Steven Seagal grabs the bad guy by the groin and lifts him off the floor, may not be lethal, but would make you want to die.

Really almost anything done to your throat or neck area could be exceptionally damaging. It doesnt take much to knock someone out when you know where/how to hit, same with chokes.

There is no teacher but the enemy.

This might be an interesting thread. There were some comments in the message thread about 'how many strikes are lethal?' that might apply here. I am curious as to the group's consensus about the most damaging single technique that someone could apply. Throws usually are equivalant to about four strikes on an average surface, and more harmful on concrete. An avalanche throw is aJudo variation in which you preform most any of the ordinary Judo throws and then you deliberately or accidentally fall directly onto your opponent or training partner. If it is your partner, you try not to hurt him too badly, but if it is an opponent, you try to land with you hip in his groin and your elbow in his face. He generally lands on concrete or the grass and you literally smush him. Other candidates for the status of 'most damaging single technique' are the horizontal inward karate chop to the neck, but we had a thread about that already and many people doubted it was very effective at causing the neck break. Eye gouges are another alternative answer, because they normally end up being lethal from the amount of fluid and blood gushing out of the eye sockets. What do people have to say about the most damaging single technique? Remember, we want to keep this limited to one technique only, and so combinations are out of consideration momentarily. You can suggest a technique common in your martial art or one that you have heard of in another martial art. I'm open for any comments, as I think this concept will be an interesting one to discuss and debate. You have to consider both probability of reliable success and the amount of damage that is likely to be caused on average. I don't consider this to be an easy question, but I am curious. Thanks, everybody. -JL

The most damaging as far as knock out capability? A shot to the back of the head or a hard shot to the chin.

Multiple shots to the chin from varying angles in quick succession will also give a fighter a lot more success in the category of knockouts.

Most damaging as far as - death?

I mean, anything that kills a person would be the most damaging in this category - they are all just as damaging.