• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wado-Ryu

bigsouthpaw6

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No, afraid not.

Tim's writing contributions are quite well known in wado circles and his work is respected by many. He does good work as you can see.

I believe he also contributes to Wado World and he is active on the yahoo wado egroup that is used by most of the top Wado experts around the world. Worth while joining, you will learn a lot, particularly if you are interested in finding out about "real" wado and what makes it tick.

Z

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

That is an interesting technique, can you talk more about the history of

that?

Hi anewsome,

What technique are you refering to?

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

Zanshin

Thanks for the links. I also checked out the website mentioned under your signature/ quotes line. It looks interesting - I always like finding more material to read. One of things I love about karate is that it engages the mind as well as the body.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

Zanshin

Thanks for the links. I also checked out the website mentioned under your signature/ quotes line. It looks interesting - I always like finding more material to read. One of things I love about karate is that it engages the mind as well as the body.

That's no problem Fish, glad you enjoyed them.

The "Wa" in Wado refers to harmony. The mental understanding of what you are doing and why, is part of the "harmonization" process of mind and body, essential to budo.

Wado's good isn't it :)

Z

• 4 weeks later...

wait...fish u guys dont have white belt? that is kinda...weird. :lol:

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” ~ Bruce Lee

Hi shoto92 - yes we do have white belt. Red is our first coloured belt (8th kyu)

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)