• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I practice a southern base system and the yells started loud when I was a beginner but now they are more like small sneezes for a better word it depends on the degree of what you are doing with the techniques You also could go down the route of having the five elements shouts which will depend on the outcome of the strike being yin or yang or attacking on the meridians to give greater effect. etc

in a real life tumble i would find this hard to do but i guess if you practice it you earn the right to use it

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I practice a southern base system and the yells started loud when I was a beginner but now they are more like small sneezes for a better word it depends on the degree of what you are doing with the techniques You also could go down the route of having the five elements shouts which will depend on the outcome of the strike being yin or yang or attacking on the meridians to give greater effect. etc

in a real life tumble i would find this hard to do but i guess if you practice it you earn the right to use it

Before I ever did martial arts, I played tennis, soccer, and boxing (not sparring but for conditioning) and on strikes and/or finishes regardless of the sport, we had breath out bursts very similar if not the same as MA kiai's. Even when tackling or being tackled, non punch or kick events, kiai can soften the blow or prepare the body

Kudoki Kung-Fu and Ku Jutsu

in Charlotte, NC