• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Royler Gracie was at my school today (31st of May) to give a two hour seminar. The man is very knowledgeable and a very friendly person who seems to really enjoy what he does. We worked a lot of different submission as well as some street self defense tactics, worked a lot on position and he also near the end took questions from the students and when they had a question regarding guard passing, escapes or whatever, he demonstrated the techniques. he is very patient and a great teacher.

Just wanted to share.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was at an RGDA seminar a few years ago. They (Royler Gracie and David Adiv) are great guys. They have a plethora of experience and expertise. I haven't met anyone out of the AG that isn't like that though. Everyone seems to be so genuinely interested in making you a better student.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Does he have a bit of califlouer ear?

I have heard that the Gracies are really laid back and informal about their training. I think a seminar would be great.

No Royler doesn't have much. He stresses the importance however since you mentioned it, of taking your time and working drills slowly, no always running at 100%

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

When I attended our Ground Fighting Defense seminar, we did some series of movements, where we started from one position, then would work to another, then the partner would reverse, and etc. I really enjoyed that part of the training, and we weren't going full out.

That's the way BJJ was meant to be practiced. It's kinda like Ippon Kumite for Karate. That's how it should be done most of the time. That way the habits are built in well. Free Rolling is important too...again, it should rarely be full go.

Pedro Sauer stresses this too.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."