• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Conditioning your Hand Claws

Toughening the body over time is beneficial, so long as it is done properly. When bone becomes denser, this is a good thing, especially in the later years of life.

But, things like shin kicking trees until you can't walk, and deforming knuckles, would not be along the lines of what I would consider doing at my age.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is.

But, what I am saying is that if you do some form of contact training, you will develop some conditioning. Like kids who play football up through high school. Physical activity will help to condition the body.

I am glad you used the analogy of kids who play football. The body can take so much toll and as I said, not everyone has the body which can withstand it. And, last, one does not need it to be victorious (in defense or football for success)

good point. I understand. Gradual or not, there still could be long term effects. Anyone here been doing this for 40+years?

Now, I am not against conditioning with moderation, but, is it really needed?

I have seem many street bouts and I doubt those who were victorious did any time if hand conditioning in such fashion.

I agree with you on this I think everybody wants to be the weekend warrior when I first started in Kung Fu in the 80s we used to do press ups on wrist fingers if it was not hard enough it was not good now where i teach Maybe i am older and wiser but as I look back with fondest memories Did i really need to do that conditioning i guess yes it wasn't the destroying of your hands but it was the mental pressure that you where put under that help you develop as a martial artist.

And again in this climate of teaching and litigation sometimes it is best to run a line on health and safety lol