• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Agreed, it is a common thread in DT programs. Not to say that there aren't advanced DT programs out there that addresses the ground more completely, but on average that is indeed the case.

Additionally, I've seen quiet a few stand up guys that learn theground to this level and do very well with it. Cross training is key, as always, and any amount helps.

Just be aware that when faced with a superior or near equal grappler, there may be no choice by to work though that longer "drawn out" ground fight. I try to work under the "prepare for more, hope for less" philosophy when it comes to this.

I can't stress how right bushido man is about accessing other tools. This applies to civilian ma-ers as well a those involved in professional DT. Escalating weaponry may be the only way to get out of a bad situation.

• 6 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I read on another forum (judo forum) that he was a big fan of grappling and one of his favourite moves was the juji-gatame (arm bar).

I also read on another forum that Bruce Lee thought the most 'realistic' fight scene ever shot for a movie was the fight scene in the film 'BLOOD ON THE SUN' which starred James Cagney (Black Belt Judo).

I found the fight scene on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlFNB_-s_o

I wouldn't doubt that Lee liked it! :)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu