Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith

Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young

Brett Rogers vs. Jon Murphy

Predictions?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warning Spoilers included in this post.

I watched this one. I was less than pleased with the production and overall fights. I took somewhere around 30 minutes for the first fight to get going and over with even though the fight only took a little over a minute. The ladies that took the ring helped out alot they were back and forth until fautige set in.

The Lawler Smith fight was excelt until and accidental eye poke ended the fight. Smith wasn't given his five minute recover time and the doctor called the fight. Smith wasn't wincing, rubbing or anything after about a minute. During his post fight interview there were not signs of an eye poke ever happening.

Then we have Kimbo Thompson. Thefight was back and forth through the first round. Half way through the second Thompson secured a take down and worked to the crusifix position. From there Thompson landed some 50 plus punches and elbows until time expired. I know the blows Thompson was landing weren't damaging but in the rules a fighter must intelligently defend himself at all times. The ref let Kimbo batter Thompson's hand, elbow and forearm with his face until the round ended. Going into the third round both fighters were gassed. Again back and forth until Kimbo landed a shot busting Thompson's huge colliflower ear. Thompson took four punches and the fight was called. Yes Thompson was dazedbut backing out of harms way when the fight was stopped.

The production ran over about an hour and a half. I was just over all unimpressed with the majority of the talent on the card and the production style. I've seen amature shows ran better with better talent.

But the production was aimed toward those who don't watch mma on a regular basis. But it was free so I can't complain about that.