• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UFC 84 Results

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AomSH5XX7nTbKgmfgVAdAXU9Eo14?slug=ys-ufclive052408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

B.J. Penn defeated Sean Sherk

Wanderlei Silva defeated Keith Jardine

Goran Reljic defeated Wilson Gouveia

Lyoto Machida defeated Tito Ortiz

Thiago Silva defeated Antonio Mendes

Rousimar Palhares defeated Ivan Salaverry

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou defeated Kazuhiro Nakamura

Rich Clementi defeated Terry Etim

Yoshiyuki Yoshida defeated Jon Koppenhaver

Dong Hyun Kim defeated Jason Tan

Shane Carwin defeated Christian Wellisch

Thoughts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very good fights

-Although I was kind of rooting for Tito with the whole man drama thing going on, Lyoto put up a good fight.

-Wanderlei making an awesome comeback

-Yoshiyuki Yoshida knows his Judo

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I wasn't surpised that Penn beat Sherk, but I was suprised in the way it went down. BJ really out fought him on his feet and used his reach to his advantage. To me, it looked like he really ment that whole "ccommiting fully" stuff.

I was also suprised Sherk didn't force a takedown ealier, espically after he kept eating jabs. Bottom line, I thought, both of these guys are great fighters. Penn simply had a better game plan and executed it more fully.

Silva, yeah, great KO. THe guy's a great hitter, no doubt. Glad to see he's breaking out of his streak. Jardine continually gets underestimated, and I've counted him out of fights he's won myself. He'll be back, and really with both of htose guys swining for the fences, it could have easily go the other way.

Suprisingly, I too was rooting for Tito a bit. But, yes, Lyoto was excellent.

Did anyone else feel like Joe Rogan should just have stopped about half way throught the fight and gone "Ladies and gentleman, the UFC 84 word of the night is- evasive."