• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your must have gift to yourself

That's awesome. That has always been my dream...a trip to Korea. Just curious, and if you don't mind sharing...how long are you going and how much do you roughly think its going to cost you(flight, board, food, etc.)?

Well, from what I understand the instructor's course itself is $150 or so. Since I'd take my wife, I'd estimate $5-6000 for the whole trip. That's my guess. I'm hoping my guess is on the high side. :D

6000 not too bad. i hope you have a great time. let us know how it goes. how long do you want to go for?

It will be a while, but I'll letcha know :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to get a life size head-to-toe sparring dummy. I know they sell those half ones called "B.O.B." that you put water or sand in the base, but a real life size one with legs and feet and arms would be great. :karate:

I'd also love a pair of engraved samurai swords to hang on the wall.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I'm going to get a standing punching bag since I can't hang one in the basement because the ceiling is too low. I'm only 5' and I have to duck in certain areas.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

where to start... XMA style bo, kamas, and nunchakus, a century hanging bag, gloves, martial armor L2 (can anyone give me a product review on that?), and P2 sparring gear, new sais, new black belt, new uniform... the list goes on....

There is little honor in going down. There is no honor in going down without a fight. --- Victory dwells in the individual, not the style

• 3 weeks later...

I would like an Isshinryu Karate dojo in my location. I have been studying for going on 17 years now, and just this year I moved to a place with no Karate.

Iceman SK, message me. I live in Korea, my girlfriend and I will for the next two years or so, and I might be able to help you out as far as costs and such. The course is one thing, but Korea doesn't have to be expensive at all.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War