• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your must have gift to yourself

ok, we've all dreamed of what creating our on dojo would be like, or equiping a room in your house just for your MAs stuff but i can't be the only one who looks in the magazines and catalogs you get monthly and salivate over those things that you really want or could really use and can't get them because a) you don't got the cash or b) the prices are ridiculously unreasonable. so i want to know what weapon, uniform, accessory, or piece of gear is it that you covet.

personally, i've been waiting to get a real nice demo sword which of course are going to be really expensive. i've also had a thing for wall scrolls and posters. but the first thing on my priority list is to get a belt rack, i have a million belts in my closet and i've always meant to display them. my reason for that is they are not usually cheap and some of them just look so damn cheesy...no i don't want dragons on mine, i don't need a plaque with my name on it...it seems dealers go by the mantra...'the gaudier the better!'

but anyways...what's your must have??? :)

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a weapons bag so all of my equipment will fit inside with the zipper shut.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

A breaker board holder. No-one in the family are willing/able to hold a board for me to practice power on and I have two rebreakable boards going to waste. My Dad promised me he would build one... yet to see that happening.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I also have two rebreakable boards going to waste -.-

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I've made sword sheaths for myself.

I've always wanted a dull but really durable straight sword, Rapier, Iyato, and Broadsword.

I got the straight sword today :D

Man, I just found this suit of armor that Tony Blauer's group is selling for DT training and it is awesome. Like a red-man but more mobile.

These guys can move and do high end movement in it, the head gear can take full power knees and elbows, it looks great.

Now all i need is 1500.00 bucks to bring one home :bawling: .

wow, that sounds awesome. i'd love to have one of those at my school. we use redmans to do our womens self defense clinic and its so hard to move in them. and once you fall onto your back...game over, you need like six people to get you up.

that suit sounds awesome. wish i had the money to invest in something like that. that's soundsl like a worth while self-gift!

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

It really is neat. Yeah, that "ninja turtle on it's back" thing with the red man is difficult to deal with.

If you google Tony Blauer or SPEAR system you should find the web page. I'm too computer illierate to actually post a link or anything. They have some great vids on it to check out.

The "must have" item for changes all the time. Often it's a uniform or an item to help me teach better. Oddly, this is one time when I don't have anything on that list. Although, I am saving up for a trip to Korea to take the Kukkiwon instructor's course.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton