• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Socks ???

jasaan

I have been battling heel pain (plantar fasciitis), and have been given permission by my Sensei to wear martial arts shoes with orthotics in them when training. So I have ordered a pair of Discipline MA shoes from Karate Depot. My question is - do you wear socks with MA shoes? Any experiences / advice is appreciated. Thanks.

David

Orange Belt - Shotokan

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i have never worn socks with my shoes, so i can only speak from a sockless point of view. i have no problem using no socks and i dont think i know anyone that does wear socks, but i dont think its uncommon. i think its whatevers comfortable for you. i'd see how they fit when you get them too, that might also help you determine the answer to that question.

ps-great choice going with karate depot, you can never fail with them. i've used them for years! :karate:

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

If I'm training in MA shoes I always wear socks. I hate it when you get all sweaty and the shoes don't seem as comfortable anymore. WOuldn't wear too thick socks though or you will overheat.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I would think if you didn't wear some sort of thin sock, you may develop blisters from your damp skin rubbing against the material of the shoe.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

If I'm training in MA shoes I always wear socks. I hate it when you get all sweaty and the shoes don't seem as comfortable anymore. WOuldn't wear too thick socks though or you will overheat.

:lol: I am the same way! That, and when I take my shoe off, the insole tends to come out with it. I hate that!

:lol: I am the same way! That, and when I take my shoe off, the insole tends to come out with it. I hate that!

I know! That is so annoying. I had to reglue the insoles of my TKD shoes the first time I made that mistake.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I think I would wear a pair of ankle socks, that are thinner than normal socks. That is just me, though. I don't wear shoes without socks.

I echo this sentiment!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I think I would wear a pair of ankle socks, that are thinner than normal socks. That is just me, though. I don't wear shoes without socks.

I echo this sentiment!

:D

Me to.

I find it, if you do not wear socks with shoes that your feet smell really bad.