• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New martial arts movie out on the big screen...anybody see or hear anything about it? or have watched it and have something to say? im deciding whether its theater material or rental material... :D

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen it, but NPR gave it a favorable review... yet they claimed that a lot of the acting was bad, and the plot was dull and predictable, so I couldn't figure out why the reviewer gave it a favorable review.

• 3 weeks later...

Looked like a renter to me :D

Not because its bad or anything but some types of movies I like to see in theaters (like Iron Man) and some things I'd rather watch in the privacy of my home.

There is no teacher but the enemy.

• 3 months later...

I was planning on renting this and wondered if anyone else who saw it thought it was good or not.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

PittbullJudoka on the forums here has seen it and highly recommends it. I have a copy and am waiting to watch it when the girls are up so I can pay attention to it.

As to the NPR review panning the acting, the plot etc and still rating it as a good review is odd. However, I've noticed that a lot of critics pan just about anything that isn't basically an art-house type movie. Incert a British accent, some tea drinking and alot of long conversations by a window in the kitchen/den and you have a glowing review in the making. :wink:

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine