• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chan and Li in Forbidden Kingdom

Just saw this news report:

The clown prince of martial arts, Jackie Chan was a huge action star in Asia before he took a flying leap into American theaters. It was not long before he realized his dream of translating that huge popularity overseas into Hollywood bankability, when "Rush Hour" became a box-office hit.

Now, the kung-fu master known for his crazy stunts and imaginative prop work is uniting with the big screen's other international martial arts superstar, Jet Li, for "The Forbidden Kingdom." A PG-13-rated action adventure, the film follows a modern American teenager who gets transported to ancient, mythical China. Chan plays a master of "drunken style" kung-fu fighting and Li is a stoic monk (they also appear in secondary roles: Chan as a mysterious old man and Li as the legendary Monkey King).

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think it has been out already. I haven't seen it, but I don't know if I want to. One of my buddies saw it, and he said that he liked it. Seeing those two on screen together should be worth the price of admission.