• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi there,

I'm 21 years old and I just started kickboxing. Though, I'm a stiff person. So I would like to know: how do I get more supple (in a couple of months/years..)? Please describe the exercise(s) or give me useful advice. I hope it is possible...Thanks a lot

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i know how you feel. when i started jujitsu i wanted to do the same. ok heres what you do.

sit down on the floor with your right leg out and your left leg bent so the foot is against the right knee and your left knee is flat on the floor. bend forward and try and grab your foot. repeat with other leg.

sit down and bend both legs so your feet meet in the middle bring them right in towards your crotch. push your knees down with your elbows.

try touching your toes. its a good way of measureing your improvment. if any of these are unclear sorry and ill try and find someone who can describe it better. hope i can help.

Yellow Belt-Small Circle Jujitsu

Red Belt-Kick Boxing SAMA organisation

"Remember, nothing hurts worse than pain."

[ This Message was edited by: XpOiSoN FrEeX on 2002-06-14 15:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: XpOiSoN FrEeX on 2002-06-14 15:03 ]

I reccomend dynamic stretches in the morning, before every workout and isometric stretches during your cool down.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

• 4 weeks later...
Our sensai does an exerise called a "reach around" where he gets on all 4's and reaches back toward his buttocks to stretch his hips. Please remember to loosen up your belt on your gee to perform this exercise.