• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bring lots of water. Don't forget that sometimes the test can be as much a mental test as physical. We have to know history and Korean in ours. you will probably be put through a lot, but you won't be expected to do perfect, they're just trying to see how you react. Man, you guys are lucky. We don't know if we passed our black belt test for at least 2 months after. The wait is part of the test.

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my blackbelt test is now officially 35 days away! :lol:

It turns out the structure of the test has changed. The test is now all week long. That way we can really focus on different aspects of the test. The main part of our test will be on Monday & Wednesday. Then on Saturday, teh test will be open to the public. On Mon. & Wed., we are pretty much qualifying for the Saturday portion of the test. Saturday will be kind of like a showoff time....those who make it there will have basically passed, but if they fall flat on their faces, they can still fail.

Afterwards, all the testers (whether they've passed or not) are required to come to the banquet. Here the new blackbelts will receive their belts. There will be a slide show that shows each students' progression, through both martial arts and life. The testers will be able to sit with their friends and family and enjoy a meal and some conversation, trading stories of the test. (hopefully they'll be happy ones!)

So that's how it's gonna be...I'm not as freaked out. Whether I pass or not, it will definitely be a week to remember! I have a lot more confidence in my sparring, and I don't think the running will be a problem. I've been working out at the gym, and I feel great!!

I seem to be saying stupid things lately, though...I guess I'm so concerned about having a super good attitude this close to my test, that I'm doing the exact opposite. I actually threw a shoe at a parent in front of my instructor! Not purposefully, of course, but goodness gracious!!!!!!

(ach I sound like an old lady)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I see lots of people saying take lots of water. However, you should start drinking lots of water a couple hours before it begins. Over-hydrate yourself beforehand. Don't wait until you're dying for a drink.

You'll do fine. Good luck, and enjoy. :wink:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

The best tip to know...well the only tip to know...

If you know what your doing...JUST DO IT!

You wont have any problem!

Scott

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

At my 1st dan test in TKD we all headed down to Northern Virginia in a group, to test under Sabumnim Thanh. On the way, we stopped to get gas, etc..., and MAster Pham bought all of us testing rather delicious Vietnamese sandwiches. an hour later, whilst changing into my Dobok, my nerves allowed me to enjoy this repast agin! The moral: Don't eat less than two hours beforehand!

:D

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!