• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

:eek: I just found out last night that I'm testing for my blackbelt on September 21st.

I'm confident but freaked out...ya know?

Here, I thought I had at least 6 months...and now I have 3!!!

My biggest problem is that I have to run 3 miles...that's a mile a month, I guess.

That and the fact that I haven't sparred for a month due to an eye injury.

Anyway, getting to the point; does anyone have some testing tips? My school doesn't do breaking, by the way.

My instructor keeps talking about having us run up a mountain and having hidden attackers on the way...I'm not sure whether or not he's serious...

My Mom is probably more freaked out than I am, because she can't watch the test.

Ok, I'll admit, I mostly wanted to vent my anxiety when I wrote this :wink:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing tips:

1. Be relaxed and confident

2. Take lots of water

3. Try and arrange a lift there and back, driving while nervous isn't a good idea

4. Don't panic

5. Take a first aid kit

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

For a healthy person three months to work up to a three mile run should be no problem at all. In fact there are many who sincerely believe that running should be a regular part of their training program.

During the hot months coming ahead run early in the day. And make sure you pracatice your forms and any sort of skills that will be asked for.

Congrats to you MonkeyGirl... Make sure that you are truly ready first both physically and mentally and then go for it! Although your instructor has given you the ok to test sooner you must first feel that you personally are ready.

Oh ..... tips for test day---

"Breathe in and breathe out" .... and it's your day to shine :bigwink: :karate: make yourself proud .... and those that have trained with you!

Thanks for your tips and support :wink:

On 2002-06-14 10:11, ckdstudent wrote:

3. Try and arrange a lift there and back, driving while nervous isn't a good idea

Thanks for the tip, but I can't drive anyway :smile:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

monkeygirl,

I wouldn't worry too much about the hidden attackers in the mountains if I were you, I think you can handle those guys. I'd be more concerned about the concealed snake pits and those darn drop bears If I were you. :uhoh:

You think your nervous now... wait till half an hour before the grading :bigwink:

The only consolation is that 10 seconds after you grading you will have a smile so wide that your cheekbones will ache for hours after. Of course, thats after they have taken down off the ceiling from the natural high you'll get 5 seconds after your grading.

You will do fine; keep us informed as to your progress leading up to your grading.

Best of luck..

John G Jarrett

1st Degree ITF Taekwon-Do

(Au-1-881)

[ This Message was edited by: John G on 2002-06-15 01:13 ]

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

There's not a great deal you can do in 3 months.

Don't worry about the fitness or running up a mountain. If you want it enough the adrenaline will get you through it. And besides if your TKD is like mine you'll be tested more on attitude then ability.

Courtesy, integrity, perserverence, self control and indomitable spirit!!!

Good luck!!

Bretty

On 2002-06-16 15:10, Eye of the Tiger wrote:

Run out of the class and sign your self up for some Karate classes. :bigwink:

Haha!...............................no :down:

Monkeygirl - If I was you I'd head down to the high school track on your free time and run a load - that's what I do when I know I will have to run far for a test or to try out for a team. Get back into sparring slowly, maybe you can get some buddies who are lower rank to train with you a little before you go back into fighting those your rank.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!