• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Axe Kick anyone?

northerndragon

Also (to bushido_man96), in Juche there's a block against an axe kick. :) You kinda catch the heel in your hands.

I see. I should look over that form again.

Have you ever tried to defend an axe kick like that? Something to try, I think.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also (to bushido_man96), in Juche there's a block against an axe kick. :) You kinda catch the heel in your hands.

I see. I should look over that form again.

Have you ever tried to defend an axe kick like that? Something to try, I think.

Never when its at full speed. The base of your palms catch the kick around the ankle. If you look at videos of the form its the block that occurs just after you land from the two-directional kick.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Dwx,

You injured your training partner: That is just awful. Sorry that happened for you, and for her injury. I hope she's healed up.

Injuring someone is the worst!! > Especially in training. You owe her big time, a free dinner, lunch.

A recall a teacher once said that our dojo partners are like family.

She was there to help you learn and vice versa.

Dwx,

You injured your training partner: That is just awful. Sorry that happened for you, and for her injury. I hope she's healed up.

Injuring someone is the worst!! > Especially in training. You owe her big time, a free dinner, lunch.

A recall a teacher once said that our dojo partners are like family.

She was there to help you learn and vice versa.

Hey don't make me feel worse than I do! :( Like I said it wasn't intentional and she was totally cool about it. It wasn't like I meant to cause her harm. We were pretty much toe-to-toe as I was coming in for some hand techniques. Then she attempted an axe kick stepping away and it landed on my shoulder as I stepped forward. Bearing in mind that I'm 5"10 and she's about 5"4. I didn't think she could get a kick up there when we were so close and once it was caught on my shoulder there wasn't much she could do about it. I'd already started to move forward and by the time we'd both stopped it was too late. I have the greatest respect for this person as she has taught me so much and this was just an accident that occurred in training. They happen. (My instructor nearly gave me concussion once but thats another story..). I hope I haven't given you the wrong impression but its not my mission to go around injuring my partners.

I doubt anyone thought that, Dwx. It's fight training and these things happen, everyone gets scuffed up now and then. It's expected.

Like you said, intent is everything. Don't sweat it. we get dinged all the time, we say we're sorry and move on.

DWX,

No, you did not give the wrong impression at all. In reading your post I had the notion beforehand that this lady was someone you were on good terms with. I was merely stating the obvious: it's always unfortunate to injure one's classmate/friend. I was not insinuating one iota about any maliciousnous, nor any intent. Glad your training partner is doing great now.

If I had done the same thing I would feel bad too.

This is the reality of ''posting'' in open forums. Mix strangers and occasionally sensitive topics in textual mediums and voila: some text gets misconstrued versus having said something face to face.

peace.

Good thing we have these lovely emoticons to display our emotions for us!

:D :) :( :o :-? 8) :lol: :x :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :roll: :wink: :bawling: :brow: :dodgy: :idea: :kaioken: :karate: :nod:

Sorry, just had to chime in and lighten the mood. Hehe :D

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

Hehe I suppose it must be my guilty conscious. Nearly all the injuries I've caused in training have been inflicted upon this one person. We always have a joke about it but I feel real bad. I didn't take your post northerndragon as a negative but I wanted to explain what happend so that no-one did get the wrong idea.