• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was in a Mario Sperry seminar over the weekend (4-24-08 ). I really liked some of the stuff he did. Plus he rolled with everyone in the seminar. I will say I was amazed at how rough he is. Don't confuse rough with not technical. He was rough and technical.

My match with him was pathetic. I made a stupid mistake while pulling guard and he heel hooked me in like...4 seconds. No big deal though, he worked with me alot throughout the seminar and gave me tons of pointers on some of my favorite positions.

I got to roll some other guys and did quite well. Overall, it was a great seminar.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a Carlos Gracie Sr. Black Belt that left the gracie camp to form the original Brazilian Top Team. He's a multiple time BJJ world champion and has had several Vale Tudo fights.

• 2 weeks later...

Mario is an AMAZING grappler. He was one of the first to speak out against the propoganda machine of the Gracies. He also spoke about BJJ for self defense as opposed to spork.

If my survival means your total destruction, then so be it.

• 2 weeks later...
Did he say any thing funny in his seminar.

I love his instructionals, good techniques as well as comedy relief.

Actually he did. Some of it isn't appropriate for the forum. Other stuff is ok.

He was talking about getting the opponent to reach for you. He made the husband and wife analogy. You know...if you want your wife to do something...tell her not to do it :) He was talking about making it look like you don't want the opponent to grab the collar...then they will try to grab it. Boom...they just extended themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...