• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting back into the Martial Arts

I have been away for 2 months now due to a knee injury. I am terrified to go back. Unit that point I was training 4 nights a week for the past 4 years.

I know that I am the only one what can bring myself back into the Dojo, but I think it is the fear of looking rusty that is stopping me.

Karate is like hot water, you must keep applying heat - or it gets cold.

Osu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did karate when I was young and I been their for a few months and then I went on vacation and I quit karate. Then after 4 years or more I started Martial Arts again in kickboxing. Then I came to this forum and learned quite a bit about Martial Arts and I wanted to be a kickboxing black belt.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

So Kodora you're afraid of jumping into the "cold water". No need to jump right in. Test the "waters" first ... get used to it little by little. This way you won't be embarrassed by the "shrinkage".

:D what I am trying to say is .... I am sure everyone is well aware of your situation. Ease yourself back in slowly (you're going to want to dive right in ... but don't!) ... because you'll risk physically injuring yourself and also mentally injuring yourself, not being able to do what you once did with hardly any effort can seriously discourage you and your self confidence!

You need to gradually work up to the level of conditioning you once had.

You can do it! When the mind says yes .... it is amazing what the body can do! Remember to "stretch" prior to training even more than usual so you don't injure that knee again!

Good Luck and come back and fill us in on your progress! :nod: :up: