• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your first class

Well my first class I don't really remember.

I remember I knew a few people their so I liked kickboxing and I stayed in it. Also I sucked at it at first but then after a while I got better.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon trying a few ma, judo was the first one I ever tried out. first class was very interesting. step one was learing to fall, followed by pinning people and two throws. First time I was tossed that was interesting. LOL have not been thrown like that.. humm never! hahaha

it was great; however because the master worked shifts and was NEVER at class we learned off lower ranks, so I did not end up joining.

It was fun the the few classes I did it though and I am sure one day I will for sure look back into it.

cheers.

J.

10 years old -

Boxing - I got a bloody nose and dropped my sparring partner. I loved it.

Judo - same age. When the instructor had shown us how to fall I couldn't figure out what he was talking about and why we kept slapping the floor. When he tried to throw me I locked my legs around his waist and wouldn't let go. I couldn't understand why I was supposed to let him throw me. I didn't go back.

Looking back I realize I was pulling guard. It took me 27 years to get back to some form of Judo. Now I love practicing throws.

One cannot choose to be passive without the option to be aggressive.

I've practiced some martial arts, but the more recently is BJJ.

In my first class, i was a little weird about warm up exercises, and got tired very fast due to my physic condition, after that instructor showed us how to fall, and our first technique, rear naked choke, after practice those, we did a little of combat, i tapped very fast :(

Valencia - Venezuela.

Well my first class was about 4 months ago. Not too hard to rememeber :-)

I felt so uncoridinated, I could not get even the first few blocks correct but by the next class I did much better. It is a bit overwelming at first I find.

Al

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

I went to my first class very happy.

After watching "kung Fu theater" i was thinking they'll tech me to kick like Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan.

Since my first class was around the time of the Ninja Mania, I almost bought a Black Ninja gi instead of a karate Gi. lol

Ninja turtles rock, mate!! What about power rangers, though? They remade all the good shows from when I was three, slapped the words " new series" on them and sold the heck out of 'em. What about Mr.Miyagi? I think he got jipped on the promo deal. So did "Bloodsport". I should sue.

What were we talking about?

Dee

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype