• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bringing Dojos/Dojangs into the 21st Century...

Thanks, that was interesting. I was thinking about a "Hook" like you were talking about, but can't quite figure out what my hook should be. I know i want it to be cool but credible and i don't want it to take up years upon years of my life. I was thinking maybe something to do with forms, but thats still an avenue im unsure of.

Hi KyoSa

Not bad site, a good starting point anyway. As far as the "hook" is concerned, maybe think along the lines of a beginner. In other words, what things would you have enjoyed looking at when you were a beginner? Forms are always good, as people use them as a reference point for when they are learning, and also any paired kata (or pre-arranged sparing) that you may include in your system.

If you do them well and think they will stand up to scrutiny, put them on you tube and tag them back to your web site.

The only other thing that struck me instantly was the domain name. It means nothing. Or at least it means nothing to me, the average “Joe” that is looking at Google for the Karate clubs in my area.

I am sure that there are loads of more catchy domains still available!! No disrespect intended BTW.

No point having a spangly new web site if it is not propagated correctly. It comes back to the poster / flyer thing. You have designed a good one, now it’s up to you to display it in the most prominent position.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zanshin,

I agree about the domain name. I myself did not create it. One of our other members of our school was running this site for around a year to two years, and after months of not updating it, and it just being an overall plain and very very boring and uninformative site, i asked my chief master instructor for permission to take the site over. so, i kicked him off the project and was left with a mess, so i pretty much reconstructed the whole thing. i'll have to look into how much trouble it would cause, how much it would cost, and how much it would take to switch to another domain name, and i'd also have to see if the masters of the school agree upon making the change. other than that, i agree it is very, blahhh to say the least...

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."