• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings

BDPulver

Hello everyone.

Ive been practicing Isshinryu Karate for the last 24 yrs. But in between that I have worked out and studied other styles with friends and aquaintances.

Part of the IWKA under Master Shimabuku. Unfortunately my teacher resides in NJ since I moved to KY 10 yrs ago, been seeing him as much as I can while training when I can.

I have had students under me but location has restricted me of opening my own dojo.

But at least I do try to keep up on my own training.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Money mainly, but where I am at in KY theres something like 4 schools I think in georgetown. In lexington I lost track and every time I try to bring up the good competition to borrow money am told by a few banks too many schools which still boggles me.

Closest school that teaches Isshinryu under the IWKA from what my teacher has told me is Ohio. There is one in Lousiville and Tenn but not under IWKA recognition.

So I have mainly stuck to word of mouth. I teach like my teacher did me, traditionally, so not uncommon to find me in some park working out in a sweat top and gi pants.

My teacher does try to hold the IWKA tournaments open to all isshinryu practitioners but some still dont recognize Kichiro from what I hear/told/seen. But thats the politic side that sometimes I try to avoid but since I devote my learnings under IWKA I cant get away from it.