• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Managing Online Forums" Now Available!

Hello,

I am very proud to announce that my new book, "Managing Online Forums: Everything You Need to Know to Create and Run Successful Community Discussion Boards", is now available and can be purchased online at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com and other retailers. If you are in the United States, it is being stocked nationally at Barnes & Noble locations, as well. You can check stock status at the closest store to you on their website.

"Managing Online Forums" is the result of my years of experience running forums just like this one. I wouldn't have reached this point without all of the great staff members (Heidi, Brian, Danielle, Eric, Rusty, Ed, Nicholas and many others) that I have had and all of the supportive members that have positively contributed and helped me to build my knowledge. So, thank you for helping me to grow, improve and have the experience to share with others through this project.

The book is definitely appropriately titled: it is truly a forums management book, but with principles that can apply to other types of online communities, like blogs, as well. From creating the infrastructure of the community and setting and enforcing policies to dealing with troublemakers and managing staff. This isn't a programming book or a software book, this is all about managing the actual forums.

Here is a look at the chapters featured in the book:

Chapter 1. Laying the Groundwork

Chapter 2. Developing Your Community

Chapter 3. Developing Guidelines

Chapter 4. Promoting Your Community

Chapter 5. Managing Your Staff

Chapter 6. Banning Users and Dealing with Chaos

Chapter 7. Creating a Good Environment

Chapter 8. Keeping It Interesting

Chapter 9. Making Money

It also features three helpful appendices at the end that include online resources, a glossary and blank, general templates that you can use as a basis for your own user guidelines, staff member guidelines and contact templates (pre-written messages for you and your staff to use when contacting members).

For more information on the book, including a full table of contents, advance praise, interviews and reviews, an excerpt, downloadable document templates, an example forums setup and more, please check out the book website.

Thank you for reading and for visiting KarateForums.com.

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats! What pittbullJudoka said is true. Must have been a lot of hard work put into it.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I hope it's a hit! You've certainly done a great job here. Congrats!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."